As announced in the letter below from Farnam Jahaniam, NSF is looking for a new CCF Division Director to replace Susanne Hambrusch, whose term is ending. This position is an extremely important service to the research community, and provides an opportunity to have a substantial positive impact on the field. Please send me or other members of the search committee the names of any people who would be strong candidates. – Salil
From: CISE Announcements [mailto:CISE-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.NSF.GOV] On Behalf Of Jahanian, Farnam
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:24 AM
Subject: NSF CISE Directorate Launches Search Committee for CCF Division Director
CISE is pleased to announce the formation of a search committee for the Director of the Division of Computing and Communication Foundations (CCF). Dr. Susanne Hambrusch will be finishing her term as CCF Division Director at the end of this summer – we greatly appreciate her leadership and service to the CISE community over the last three years!
Announcements for the search for her replacement can be found at http://www.nsf.gov/cise/news/2013-CCF-Annoucement.jsp and on USAJOBS at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/338606700?org=NSF.
Please feel free to contact any of the following search committee members to nominate candidates; self-nominations are also invited:
· Sarita Adve, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, email@example.com, Co-chair
· Salil Vadhan, Harvard University, firstname.lastname@example.org, Co-chair
· Michelle Effros, California Institute of Technology, email@example.com
· Mary Jane Irwin, Pennsylvania State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Christos Papadimitriou, University of California, Berkeley, email@example.com
· Moshe Vardi, Rice University, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Deborah Lockhart, NSF Search Committee Liaison and Deputy Division Director of Information & Intelligent Systems, email@example.com
Thank you in advance for your help in identifying candidates for this important position. If you have any questions or comments, you are also welcome to contact me directly.
NSF Assistant Director for CISE
tel: (703) 292-8900