- Examples of NSF CAREER proposals with comments
- STOC ’13 Presentation by Joan Feigenbaum on grant-proposal writing.
- Article by Richard Ladner on the Broader Impact Criterion at NSF
- The last slide of Sanjeev Arora’s FOCS 07 Presentation has tips on writing grant proposals and reports.
- Feb 07 presentation on preparing NSF Highlights.
- Sample theory highlights: Elliptic Curve Cryptography, Adwords and Generalized Online Matching, Guessing Secrets
Tips for Writing for a Broad Scientific Audience (Science, Nature, PNAS, etc.)
- Advice from TCS researchers, collected by Ryan O’Donnell and supplied by Dimitris Achlioptas, Noga Alon, Ziv Bar-Joseph, Jop Briet, Harry Buhrman, Andrew Childs, Toby Cubitt, Tiziana DiMatteo, David Donoho, Zeev Dvir, Vitaly Feldman, Joe Fitzsimons, Leslie Ann Goldberg, Moritz Hardt, Mark Jerrum, Manor Mendel, Tom Mitchell, Michael Mitzenmacher, Cris Moore, Joe Neeman, Michael Nielsen, Christos Papadimitriou, Omer Reingold, Federico Ricci-Tersenghi, Aaron Roth, Umesh Vazirani, Santosh Vempala, Eric Vigoda, Van Vu, Stephanie Wehner, Andy Yao, Grigory Yaroslavtsev, Amir Yehudayoff, and Lenka Zdeborová.